Monday, February 10, 2014

The Mane Event

I am SUPER low maintenance when it comes to my hair. And when I say that, I really mean it. I generally only get hair cuts when I get to a point where my hair has gotten sooo long that I can't bare it any longer or when I am having a hard core struggle fest getting it to style like it has any kind of flair aka all the layers and angles are no longer existing and I have a straight up mop on my head. 
Being low maintenance though, doesn't mean I'm not particular about the products I use. 

My hair is very straight so generally morning consist of flipping my head over and blow drying until it's fairly dry... either using my fingers or a brush if I'm lucky, and then letting the rest air dry if I don't have time to fully dry it. Going out, I generally use a round brush and pay closer care to using the brush to make my hair more sleek and straight. 

My hair also dries out a lot in the winter. I LOVE Moroccan oil for a deep treatment. I like to apply it before bed and then sleep with it in my hair over night for a super deep moisturizing treatment [satin pillows beware]. On a daily basis I use John Freida's Brilliant Brunette shampoo and conditioner. I love how this smells and it is pretty conditioning [I swear it brings out my natural highlights too... but that might just be in my head!]. 

Another thing I use on a regular basis are bobby pins. These things are amazing: from perfecting and pinning stray hairs in place for a but or pulling whispy pieces of hair back for a super easy hair style, I swear by these things. 

I always love trying new products though... Do you have any amazing finds you would recommend? 



No comments:

Post a Comment